Re: 2.0.30 and the aic7xxx driver

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 12:27:49 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Leonard N. Zubkoff wrote:

> The most recent L915 firmware for the Quantum Atlas drives corrects all
> problems with the tagged queuing implementation that I've encountered or heard
> of. The XP34300W with 81HB ran fine for me with *no* timeouts in 18 months at
> a queue depth of 28. The L912 firmware is definitely buggy, and should be
> replaced with L915 with is available from Quantum's FTP site.

Speaking of buggy firmware's, does anyone know of any problems with IBM's
new 3.2Gb DAQA(?) drives, specifically when running under DMA transfers?
I'm getting DMA irq timeouts, and am intrigued to know whether I should
replace my new motherboard or my new drive.

Is there a good list anywhere of known buggy drives?

Cheers,
Chris