Re: buffer cache patches - anybody willing to summarize?

Fritz Elfert (fritz@wuemaus.franken.de)
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 13:12:37 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Linus Torvalds wrote:

[...]
> ALSO! If people made other, non-buffer-cache related patches and sent them
> to David, please consider them lost. I do have Davids patches but I want
> to look over the separate patches rather than the one humongous patch I
> have now. Again, please summarize exactly why you think the patch is
> needed: and you can pretty much assume that I'm unwilling to apply any
> patches that aren't obviously _really_ needed.

For 2.0.29 and 2.0.30 i sent approx. 4 ISDN patches. Unfortunately
_ALL_ of them got lost (maybe due to your moving to US).
Result is that

### the ISDN-Subsystem (especially the Teles) in stock-2.0.30 does _NOT_
### run.

Beeing tired of sending patches which don't make it into kernel, on the
Linux-Kongress in May, i talked with Steve and he gave me write-access to
his CVS at vger. From then i never sent patches but checked in myself at
vger.

This evening i will prepare a ISDN patch for 2.0.30 and send it to you.
PLEASE don't disappoint all those ISDN-users and include it in 2.0.31.
REMEMBER: In 2.0.30, ISDN does _NOT_ work.

Ciao
-Fritz

--
Fritz Elfert                                phone: +49 931 281122
Wuerzburg/Germany                           email: fritz@wuemaus.franken.de