Re: buffer cache patches - anybody willing to summarize?

Harald Koenig (koenig@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 10:55:34 +0200

On Aug 03, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> List of patches currently applied to my tree:
> - axp math bits by Richard Henderson
> - init_tty patch by Bill Hawes

drivers/net/tulip.c needs an update to support a number of recent cards/chips.

here we need at least tulip-0.76 (which is included pre-2.0.31-2) for our
LANTRONIX 100 Mbit cards using DEC 21140-AE chips.

I read that there is a driver version 0.78 available now, but I've not
tested it myself (but according to reports on the tulip mailing list
it's required for some more recent cards...)

information can be found on Donald Becker's web page

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/tulip.html

0.78 driver should be available at least from

wauug.erols.com:/pub/people/donald-becker/tulip-drivers

(haven't saved any other real ftp address, sorry).

Harald

PS: thanks a lot for starting work again on 2.0.31 !!

--
All SCSI disks will from now on                     ___       _____
be required to send an email notice                0--,|    /OOOOOOO\