Re: serial drivers

Gael Gence (gael@arcadis.be)
Mon, 04 Aug 1997 11:11:15 +0200

Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> Any objections? Speak now.....
>
> - Ted

I have no objection, but i'd like to know if it is possible
to "improve" the serial driver to give more info about the
UART state. I know that when the driver read an UART register,
it is cleared. An ioctl returns the LSR status
(if 0, we are transmitting) but that's all. I've modified the
get_lsr_status function to return the value of lsr instead
of 1 || 0... But i never see that we are receiving data...
ok, it is "normal". But is there a clean way to give this info to
user space programs with a new member in the serial struct or
something like that ?

- Gael

--
Gael Gence (gael@arcadis.be)