Re: PentiumII's

Robert Hagopian (Rob.Hagopian@vuser.vu.union.edu)
Fri, 01 Aug 1997 09:20:10 -0400

Antonio Dell'elce wrote:

> >What PPro/P-II MB supports DIMMs? All the new ones are Natoma
> >chipset which only supports FPM/EDO/BEDO SIMMs...just from the spec
> >sheets I've seen. There are a couple of P-II chipsets coming out
> >soon that'll probably support SDRAM's, etc. (GX, LX)
>
> > Where the heck does one get BEDO anyway? I cant find the stuff
> > anywhere.
>
> Think twice before buying BEDO.... and go to
> http://sysdoc.pair.com/ram.html ...
> It may help..

Sysdoc says that BEDO is the fastest thing except for SDRAM. As you'll
see right above, there are no PPro/PII chipsets that support SDRAM. So
if I have a Dual PPro (Titan Pro) or PII (Tahoe-2), why would I think
twice about BEDO (if I could find it- It seems that BEDO has been mostly
bypassed since the Pentium chipsets now support SDRAM)?

-Rob H