Re: your mail

Kurt Huwig (kurt@huwig.de)
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 18:38:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997 logic@virtual.concept2000.net.au wrote:
> I just installed slacware 3.3, recompiled the kernel. and
> removed most of the modulized parts and compiled them into the kernel, I
> then proceeded to modify /etc/rc.d/rc.modules, and commented out lpd etc,
> now when I boot my system I get a multitued of warnings/errors from
> insmod, I dont have any conf.modules to define aliases etc. How do I fix
> these errors? here's a cutout when I do ifconfig with logging. any help
> would be greatly appreciate, I know this is not a linux-kernel problem, If
> you know any better places to send this then please do tell me :-)
[...]

I guess this is caused by the precompiled modules of your distribution.
They don't match your new kernel.

Just try an
rm -rf /lib/modules/2.0.30
and then an
make modules; make modules_install
in the kernel-source directory.

Kurt

P.S.: I think this is the right place to ask such questions. Indeed, they
are newbie questions, but everyone was a newbie, had his own problems and
was happy to get them solved.

If you put a PC-formatted disk into a Macintosh, you can read it.
If you put a Mac-formatted disk into a Win95-PC, it asks you
whether it should format it.