Re: AWE32 driver in 2.1.48

Hannu Savolainen (hannu@4front-tech.com)
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:26:17 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Chris Evans wrote:
>

> >Hi,
> >
> >A minor plea; when 2.1.48 is released can the AWE32 sound driver please be
> >updated to v0.40? This version works very well.
>
> I think so.
>

> >Linus -- if the answer is "yes but I've got much better things to work on"
> >then just say so and I'll get a diff on its way :-)
>
> I think the OSSFree must be updated with new AWE32 driver and newer
> official kernel must be updated with the new OSSFree driver.
OSS/Free has been updated to contain the very latest AWE driver and it's
available from ftp://ftp.4front-tech.com/ossfree. Unfortunately this
version doesn't seem to be compatible with very recent kernel versions. I
will not be able to fix it within next couple of days due to hardware
problems. The driver will be sent to Linus after couple of weeks.

Best regards,

Hannu
-----
Hannu Savolainen (hannu@4front-tech.com)