Re: I2O specs available!

Kurt Huwig (kurt@huwig.de)
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 13:26:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Ricky Beam wrote:
> Letting the chips fall where they may, I quote James Hughes:
> > ...When's the last time anyone was caught drooling over an MCA box??
>
> 'Bout four years ago... but he was a real nut anyway. (Worked for IBM and
> swore by OS/2)

I saw one. I tried to install WfW 3.11 -> crash. Installed ISDN-Software
from the German Telekom -> crash. Only preinstalled Win 3.1 works in
standard-mode (no virtual memory).

Can I use this machine for Linux as an ISDN-router? How good is the
support for MCA machines. There is an ISA VGA in it (old one blew,
together with the screen. It was quite confusing, because neither changing
the monitor nor changing only the vga changed anything ;-) ), ATAPI CD-ROM
and IDE-HD.

Kurt

Let me make myself perfectly clear: Step 1: Find plan!
Step 2: Save world!
Let's get crackin'... Step 3: Get outta my house!