Re: (Possibly OFFTOPIC) Driver for Adaptec AIC 7870 SCSI Adapter card?

Kurt Huwig (kurt@huwig.de)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 19:56:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Marcus Berglund wrote:
> From: Sachin Garg <sachin@cdacb.ernet.in>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I am searching for a driver for an Adaptec AIC-7870 SCSI adapter card.
> >have an old Slackware distribution with a kernel 1.2.13 on it and I
> need
> >to install it. I don't have access to a newer distribution and hance
> will
> >have to make do with this. Though, I have the newer kernels (2.0.29 and
> >2.1.25). If there is someway I can make a slackware boot floppy from
> this.
>
> There might be a 1.3.x kernel boot disk on the cdrom, otherwise, your
> out of luck, I have an AHA-2940U and it took about a month to find the
> disk on an ftp site so I could load it onto my drive, and at that stage
> I had nothing but trouble, because it was an experimental kernel, and I
> had no idea, but I don't have it anymore, and it doesn't seem to exist
> on the site, so you might be out of luck.

I am using a 7870. I can eMail you my vmlinuz if you want (preferred) or
put it on my ftp-server. Size is 329110 bytes.

Kurt

Impossible doesn't exist! Unmöglich gibt's nicht!
Difficult exists. Schwierig gibt's.