New memory detection code... (was: Buffer code)

Hubert Mantel (mantel@suse.de)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 19:40:59 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Larry M. Augustin wrote:

> >There are other problems with this new code (breaks loadlin and initrd).
> >IMHO this is a new feature and no bugfix so it should be tested out in
> >2.1.x and not risk raising new problems in 2.0.x.
>
> Please let me know of a problem with initrd. We use it with initrd,
> and I've seen no reports of problems with initrd.

Sorry, my posting was not clear: initrd alone is ok. But at least using
loadlin together with initrd does not work. Did not yet test loadlin alone
(without initrd).

> Did the patches I sent last week fix the loadlin problem?

I did not yet find the time to test this out. And we don't have many
machines with DOS...
But I still have all your patches. But even if everything goes well I
would vote for integrating your code into 2.1.x but not into 2.0.x. It is
a dangerous thing...

Hubert mantel@suse.de