Re: buffer/swapping in pre-patch-2.0.31-2 + the 22nd July patch

Paul Slootman (paul@wau.mis.ah.nl)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:18:22 GMT

Dr. Werner Fink <owner-linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu> wrote:

>at a load higher than 42 (ehh). The debug message in try_to_free_message was
>never triggered.

I just did a 'make -j zImage modules', and got this once:

try_to_free_page: physical ram 40960kB, min pages 320kB
try_to_free_page: free pages 320kB, async pages 0kB

Nothing else was running at the time besides top. I wasn't at my
desk when this message appeared, so I can't say what the load
average etc. was at the time. No ill-effects have been observed
resulting from this message.

Paul Slootman

--
Murphy Software, Enschede, The Netherlands      | UNIX is easy to use.
email work: paul@wau.mis.ah.nl / paul@murphy.nl | UNIX is not necessarily