Re: NFS troubles when mounting multihomed server

Swen Thuemmler (swen@uni-paderborn.de)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:13:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Ion Badulescu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having some problems mounting an NFS share from a multihomed server:
> if the hostname resolves to a different interface than the one on the
> route to the server (due to DNS RR for example), the mount call just
> hangs. Tcpdump shows that linux is sending requests to the resolved
> address, receives replies from the other address, doesn't grok them and
> sends back ICMP port unreachable.. This goes on for ever, until the client
> is rebooted.

You should check the version of /sbin/mount - newer versions don't connect
the socket (if your kernel is not too old (below 1.1.3x, I think)). And
you might check the version of amd, if you use automounting. The debian
version contains the neccesa^H^H^H^H^Hsseca^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hneeded (:-)
patches.

Hope this helps.

--Swen