Re: I2O specs available! (was: GGI People Read This (fwd))

Chel van Gennip (linux@vangennip.nl)
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 23:20:42 +0100 (WETDST)

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
>> Would I be right in saying that now the spec is available to PD that it
>> is - PD ?
>
>The document is still copyrighted, but the information in it once published
>to the world (eg by anon ftp) is in must jurisdictions no longer a trade
>secret.

A bit tricky I think, the ftp site requests for a supplied password:

220- I2O Sig Temporary Download Directory
220- Log in as "i2o" with a password supplied by Michael Lobue.
220- You are currently user 10 out of a maximum 10 users.

A claim that the anonymous ftp is a configuration error could be valid I think.
If so the stuff still is a trade secret.
It is however an example of a document that should be free. I think it should
be distributed together with a sample implementation, eg. Linux.

Chel