RE: Linux Kernel Bug-list Website

James Mohr (jimmo@blitz.de)
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 17:44:29 +-200

I personally would like to see an indication of how long it took for the bugs to get:

1) fixed
2) included in a new stable kernel

If we can *show* people how fast bugs are getting fixed, that'll definately be points
against NT.

Regards,

jimmo
---------------------------------------

"Science has promised man power...But, as so often happens when people
are seduced by promises of power, the price is servitude and impotence.
Power is nothing if it is not the power to choose."

Joseph Weizenbaum of MIT said in reference to computers.

----------
From: Marcus B[SMTP:marcus@cwi.net.au]
Sent: Sonntag, 20. Juli 1997 12:04
To: Linux-Kernel Mail-list
Subject: Linux Kernel Bug-list Website

I have all of the preliminary stuff done, but I would like to have some
questions about bug fixes:
1. After a bug has been fixed and published on the site, Where does it
go then?
2. Who will notify me if the bug-fix is official enough to take the bug
report off the site?
3. Bug-fixes will stay on the site for apron. 7 days, is this long
enough? or can it be shorter?
4. Should the fixes be kept on the site?
5. Should the fixes be published somewhere else as well?

I would like to know the answers ASAP so the site can go up, ASAP.
Also if anyone thinks of any other questions I should be asking, please
inform me, and ANSWER them if possible

--
Segment Fault (Windows Dumped)

MABS -=marcus@cwi.net.au=-