Re: SGI Block devices

Systemkennung Linux (linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de)
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 12:18:20 +0200 (MET DST)

> in linux-2.1.45/arch/mips/config.in:
> #
> # All SGI block devices are SCSI based AFAIK. -davem
> #
> if [ "$CONFIG_SGI" != "y" ]; then
> source /drivers/block/Config.in
> fi
>
> This eliminates support for "Additional block devices":
> md, ramdisk, and loop (loop is my interest). These should
> work on any architecture (shouldn't they?), as they aren't
> really physical devices.
>
> If you don't want the other block devices, then config.in should
> contain code for these...unless there is a problem that I don't
> know about?

Well, with all the dfferent MIPS hardware out there the attempt to
write the config scripts such that impossible selections like IDE
for an Indy aren't shown to the user is pretty useless anyway, so
I'll just throw the entire if away.

Ralf

(Saw that you CC to David - he doesn't work any longer on MIPS since he
left from SGI late last sommer, so all such stuff should be addressed
to me or the Linux/MIPS mailing list. See MAINTAINERS file.)