Re: Linux on AMD K6

yuri mironoff (yuri@buster.rgti.com)
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 19:25:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Dan Hollis wrote:

> Kernel build measures the disk and i/o subsystems more than it does the
> CPU. Thus kernel builds are more useless than dhrystones. I'm only
> interested in measuring the raw CPU power, not the speed of the
> SCSI disks.

Actually compiles are extremely CPU bound - if you watch you disk
access during the kernel build you'll notice that the drive lights are
rarely on. (especially once the files have been cached)

But if you still think otherwise - I'd really appreciate it if you ran
lmbench. I'd love to know how a K6 does. ;)

Regards,

Y.