Re: Take a deep breath...

Teunis Peters (teunis@usa.net)
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 14:44:43 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> > Does anyone have any clue what makes any of us hack on this thing at
> > all? It's pretty simple, whats fun, interesting, and enjoyable to
> > work on, that is what we're going to hack on. Straight forward. I
> > happened to enjoy making a system solid, but not nearly as much as I
> > enjoy designing and implementing the latest and greatest.
>
> Understood and agreed. From my own point of view, I'd love to contribute
> more to the kernel development efforts. Problem is, I can't read code
> like the Sunday newspaper. You and Linux, Alan, Eric, etc. seem to
> absorb overall design changes by osmosis. The mere mortals among us would
> be greatly inspired to pitch in by the presence of, umm, maybe just a wee
> bit more profuse documentation and commenting? I don't think I speak just
> for myself on this subject.

Do I hear a volunteer? <grin>
Go for it - and then post help-requests on difficult areas. SOMEONE
should be able to reply with something helpful, yes?

The biggest prob with documentation is "Where to start"????

This would be very helpful service IMHO.

Perhaps come up with a to-do list of areas that should be documented.

The kernel docs are FAR clearer then they were in 0.99 though :)
[and the 1.1 series were impossible...]

Wind to your wings!
- Teunis