Re: pre-patch2.1.45-3 lookin' good

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@work.smurf.noris.de)
14 Jul 1997 14:19:10 +0200

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> writes:

> The full path name information is very cool: we can do a "getcwd()" system
> call that is going to be a few orders of magnitude faster than the
> traditional way of doing "getcwd()".

Plus, we can _finally_ have a /proc/mounts file that _stays_ correct even
if you rename the device file. Or the mount point, which should be slightly
more common. ;-)

And: real file names in /proc/*/fd/*. Wow. Is there any other Unix that
comes even close to being able to do this?

--
Constipation: An important U.S. document.
		-- Dictionary of Obscure Medical Terms