Re: intel penguin bootlogo - console implementation documentation?

Barry Lagerweij (barry@euromedia.nl)
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 16:03:29 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Tuomas Heino wrote:

> so any ideas on how to display graphics in console using the font loading
> interface? - it must be possible - and hopefully without root ;)
>
> [if you say you _must_ bash the i/o registers then explain why ... well
> vga i/o registers work kinda well with root though...]

Since the VGA supports a split screen, why not use that ? Display the
penguin on the top part of the screen, and let the kernel messages use the
second part. This solves the 'my penguin scrolls too fast'-problem.

Barry