Re: SCSI disk naming (fwd)

Harald Milz (hm@seneca.muc.de)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 10:36:00 +0200

Robert Glamm (glamm@mountains.ee.umn.edu) wrote:

> What the hell's wrong with a RAID array? Sheesh, you've got 14 _identical_
> 9.1 G drives anyway, fork out the cash for a hot-swappable array to sit
> on your SCSI controller...

I was talking about SSA, not SCSI. As long as there is no Linux device
driver for SSA adapter cards, RAID or non-RAID, you have to use the Vicom
box which maps each SSA disk to a SCSI LUN. I want to know whether the
Vicom box works fine with Linux machines to get Linux into the official
compatibility list used by Vicom and IBM sales. Hope you get the idea now.