Re: Patches agains boring^H^H^H^H^H^H 2.0 kernel versions..

Adam Mckee (mckee@SEDSystems.ca)
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 14:55:43 -0600 (CST)

Hi there.

The thing to keep in mind is that 2.0 kernels are the choice of 90+% of
Linux users. A "boring" (highly reliable) system is exactly what most
Linux users are after. If someone is doing a patch that they want to be
immediately usable (or testable!) by the vast majority of Linux
users/enthusiasts it only makes sense to do it against a late-2.0 kernel.
Anyhow, nifty patches like the RAID stuff will certainly end up being
re-worked for 2.1/2.2.

<Side note to all kernel developers: thank you for making Linux great!!>

-- Adam