Re: 2.0.x and glibc-2.0 collisions...

Michael Poole (poole+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Fri, 30 May 1997 11:10:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Philip Blundell wrote:

> Ugh. No, that is the wrong fix - it suppresses the glibc definitions, not
> the kernel ones. The correct answer is simply to avoid including any
> <linux/> header files - if there are any that you really can't live
> without (ie there is no equivalent in the glibc headers) then let me know
> and we can try to work something out.

I agree that's the wrong fix; I generally suppress the kernel
definitions. For most of the things I've run into, the only things which
are in the <linux/...> header files which are not provided by glibc are
file-system-related things -- mount and linux-nfs in particular use these
a bunch. For that, it's not an easy thing to figure out what the 'right'
thing to do, since as you mention, some of the types may differ between
the kernel and the libc.