Re: New UseNet Gateway under construction

Horst von Brand (vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl)
Wed, 28 May 1997 10:20:43 -0400

Christoph Lameter <clameter@waterf.org> said:
> "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu> said:
> >[Start a new linux hierarchy without contact to the lists]

> Ok. That is the current situation after the initial complaints.

And if it can't be done any other way, I vote for that.

> [Post contents of mailing lists without headers?]

No use: Spammers do look at signatures &c, and if you reply on the list
(like I'm doing now) some addresses will show up in the body. OTOH, if
Linus or Dave posts something, I'd be inclined to give their opinions more
weight than to the opinions of one Horst von Brand, longtime nondescript
lurker ;-) and that info gets lost with the headers.

--
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                       mailto:vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl