Re: UseNet Gateway One Way ok?

Geert Uytterhoeven (Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Mon, 26 May 1997 21:38:01 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Eric Hoeltzel wrote:
>On 25 May 1997, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> In article <Pine.LNX.3.95.970525190003.28803I-100000@speedy.iafrica.com>,
>> Daniel Chalef <danielc@uunet.co.za> wrote:
>> >Please at very least scramble the addresses. 10 minutes after posting to
>> >this list earlier today, I had the complementary agis.net Portuguese telco
>> >spam.
>>
>> So did I. Got 4 of 'em already. You would think that there's enough
>> expertise in this group to cut off cyberpromo from the Internet for a
>> couple of weeks.. just a thought :)
>
>Indeed. Alternatively, it might be possible to fight spam with
>spam. Collect up a bunch of information on how to filter or
>block Cyberpromo and then spread it _widely_ on usenet, specifically
>mentioning Cyberpromo and using Cyberpromo in all the examples.
>
>just another thought :)

Last Thursday I started to bounce all their mails to abuse@cyberpromo.com
(which they claim is read by their `senior management', I hope they really do
that :-), and I haven't received anything from them during the last two days...

Greetings,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be