Re: UseNet Gateway One Way ok?

Peter Svensson (petersv@df.lth.se)
Mon, 26 May 1997 10:14:36 +0200

> >I disagree very strongly about this. Why should we go through a lot of
> >trouble? Just configure procmail/sendmail
>
> If you corrupt email addresses at the gateway, it is done in one
> place. If you rely on the end user to filter out spam, it needs
> to be done on all of the sites.

I have this very simple rule: I never reply or try to assist someone whose
address is erronous. I don't see why I should, since the rfc:s state exactly
what should be in the relevant headers. The mailinglists I maintain try drop
all mails with the wrong sender in them.

This mail, e.g. had to be manually fiddled with to prevent bouncing. Fight
this practice, and fight the spamers and not the good guys.

Peter