Re: New UseNet Gateway under construction

Christoph Lameter (clameter@waterf.org)
Sat, 24 May 1997 16:03:55 -0700 (PDT)

To clarify and avoid flames: That gateway is a one way thing. It only
posts mail from the mailing list and does not take usenet posts into the
mailing lists. I hope this is acceptable.

On Sat, 24 May 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> I have tried to setup up a new usenet gateway at news.fuller.edu. The
> newsserver has public NNTP access. If anyone needs a feed then please
> tell me. Help wanted and needed especially since I dont have much
> experience with usenet.
>
> On 24 May 1997, Rick Ellis wrote:
>
> > In article <m0wV1Fn-0005FiC@lightning.swansea.linux.org.uk>,
> > Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > >Alternatively you can flood fill - it's called USENET ;) - unfortunately
> > >when DaveM decided to dump Usenet the linux.* groups where left moderated,
> > >pointing to a dead address and dumped. Thats causing lots of people to
> > >use the lists who would have stayed using linux.* even if it was seperate,
> > >its removed a means where "xyz is down" messages get around and it looks
> > >incredibly unprofessional to news admins and usenet folks
> >
> > The loss on the linux.* gateway is certainly why I had to join serveral
> > lists. I'd much prefer to receive the lists via my newsfeed but now
> > I can't. <sigh>

Please always CC me when replying to posts on mailing lists.