Re: Non-Intel CPU support patch

Marco Mariani (m.mariani@imola.nettuno.it)
Wed, 21 May 1997 03:04:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Mike Jagdis wrote:

> This is the patch for Cyrix/AMD processors (again) against 2.1.39.
> New in this release is a correction for swapped feature flags
> on the AMD K5 model 0. If you have an AMD K5 model 0 please

While I have a K5 model 0, it is not obvious to me how I should apply
your patch without breaking it into pieces and apply them by hand (it
has RCS stuff).

Well, I've applied them by hand.

> check that (a) it boots (if global pages don't actually work on
> the K5 model 0 it probably won't :-) ) and (b) that the flags
> field in /proc/cpuinfo includes "pge" (I may have got it wrong...)

shalott:~$ uname -a
Linux shalott 2.1.39 #1 Wed May 21 02:27:38 CEST 1997 i586 unknown
shalott:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
cpu family : 5
model : AMD-K5 (Model 0)
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
stepping : 1
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
sep_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 pge
bogomips : 198.66
shalott:~$

All The Best,
Marco

"Death can come quickly to a market leader."

- Bill Gates, "The Road Ahead" -