Plea to include latest 53c8xx driver

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.CSIRO.AU)
Thu, 15 May 1997 16:29:33 +1000

Having recently switched from an NCR 53c810 to an NCR 53c875 SCSI
card, and finding that the older version of the 53c8xx driver supplied
with kernels 2.0.30 and 2.1.27 does not work properly with my '875,
can someone please merge in the latest drivers before 2.0.31 and
2.1.38 come out?
With the '875 being the chip-of-choice when shipping NCR 53c8xx cards,
I think it would be helpful to have the latest stable and experimental
kernels support the '875. Please, guys. I'm begging 'ya.

Gerard Roudier writes:

> ftp://linux.wauug.org/pub/roudier
>
> This location is the primary one for the linux NCR53C8XX driver updates
> and miscellaneous materials.
>
> --
> The latest stable driver version is: 1.18h.
> The latest experimental driver version is: 2.1a.
> Both support the whole 53C8XX family.

Regards,

Richard....