Re: Dirty patch saving 260K on Triton

Tuukka Toivonen (tuukkat@stekt.oulu.fi)
Fri, 9 May 1997 19:09:01 +0300 (EET DST)

> I've looked a bit on the Triton chipset and I noticed that it's possible
>to control memory mapping in the 0xC0000-0xFFFFF region (other PCI chipsets

Have you checked if DMA works in that memory space? Does it?

I made a similar program for DOS to enable UMB areas with Triton. But the
problem was that i couldn't find any way to enable DMA access in the UMB
memory.

And about all these patches in this mailinglist... do i have to have some
specific kernel (most recent 2.1.x?) or could i patch my 2.0.0?