Re: Kernel NFS Server: 0.4.21 outdated?

Elliot Lee (sopwith@redhat.com)
Fri, 9 May 1997 11:03:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> Have build the NFS tools from Olaf but they seem to be outdated
> referencing locations in /proc that do not exist.

Make sure you have the latest version of 0.4.21 :) I had downloaded a
linux-nfs-0.4.21.tar.gz a while ago, but it wasn't the version that is on
the FTP site now.

> How do I get the RPC services working? Could not find a daemon to replace
> the RPC mapper.

You still need the same old portmapper. The NFS tools do not replace the
basic RPC stuff.

Except for the fact that the NFS client doesn't know how to do hard mounts
right (it won't hang when the NFS server goes down) things seem to work
pretty well.

-- Elliot http://www.redhat.com/
UNIX is easy to use.
UNIX is not necessarily easy to learn.