Re: core files from multithreaded apps (fwd)

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@work.smurf.noris.de)
9 May 1997 09:29:35 +0200

"SethMeister G." <consp05@binghamton.edu> writes:

> Is this really necessary? I mean, if you are using a thread library that
> gdb knows how to handle, why can't it glean the important information
> from the core image as is (but I am ASSuME ing a lot of stuff that I
> don't know).

Gdb does _not_ know how to handle Linux kernel threads.

The core image as it is contains only CPU state for the one thread which
caused the fault. All the other threads continue running. This may or may
be what you want... right now, unfortunately, you can't control this.

--
Price, n.  Value, plus a reasonable sum for the wear and tear of
conscience in demanding it.