Re: (fwd) TCP bug in 2.0.30 - increasing the sequence number after FIN

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Mon, 5 May 1997 23:00:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Jari Soderholm wrote:

> From: ig25@fg70.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de (Thomas Koenig)
>
> I think that ssh sometimes triggers a bug in the Linux TCP stack in
> version 2.0.30.
>
> I connect from a Linux box, using ssh 1.2.20, to a AIX 4.1.4 or HP-UX
> 9.0.5 box, running the same version of the ssh daemon. After I log out
> again, I find that ssh sometimes hangs for up to a minute, unless
> I type ^C.

I've seen the same thing...though I've not traced the problem in such
detail. I'm using ssh 1.2.17 and kernel 2.0.30.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______