Re: Solaris sources

Dan Hollis (goemon@sasami.anime.net)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:55:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Michael Nelson wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Michael Nelson wrote:
> > Really? Has anyone actually purchased it? If so, who specifically?
> Yes, several well-known CS-related universities have. The message passed
> through my mailbox a couple of years ago and I can't remember who they
> anymore. Sorry.

The only information I have ever seen was that some university tried to
get the source code (for security review or something). Might have been
Stanford. Anyway, for various reasons they either weren't able to get the
source or chose not to.

It would be nice to have a "from the horse's mouth" report of someone who
got the NT source code. Until then I consider it a wild unsubstantiated
rumor.

-Dan