Re: kernel structures 2.0.29->2.0.30

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:04:24 +0100 (GMT/BST)

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Chel van Gennip wrote:

> Mike Jagdis wrote:
> >On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Chel van Gennip wrote:
> >
> >> To convince some software vendors I think specific versions should be certified as
> >> "rock solid".
> >
> >Commercial software vendors don't even do this. [...]
>
> Yes, I do expect more. I do expect more because the source is
> freely available. [...]

You might get some of us to say, "production quality" or even, "no
known bugs" but no one in their right mind is going to say, "certified
rock solid" - especially anyone vulnerable to being sued in the US
where damages, both claimed and awarded, are not limited to demonstrable
losses.

Mike

|  Mike Jagdis                  |  Internet:  mailto:mike@roan.co.uk   |
|  Roan Technology Ltd.         |                                      |
|  54A Peach Street, Wokingham  |  Telephone:  +44 118 989 0403        |
|  RG40 1XG, ENGLAND            |  Fax:        +44 118 989 1195        |