/proc README

Tethys (tethys@lonnds.ml.com)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:04:41 +0100

A suggestion recently found on linux-admin. I think it would be
worthwhile, although it should be kept to a bare minimum (maybe
a couple of lines) to avoid kernel bloat. Maybe even just a pointer
to documention in the kernel source tree.

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:38:36 +0200
From: Matija Grabnar <matija.grabnar@k2.net>
Subject: Re: kcore

> >> Can anyone tell me what the kcore in the proc directory is? It is not on
> Nope. It's a representation of the current state of memory. You may have

With all the people who ask this (and simmilar) questions after
they start exploring their filesystem and discover /proc,
maybe we should include kernel support for /proc/README.1ST
which would tell the people in a gentle way what the /proc
filesystem is all about. :-) /2

------- End of Forwarded Message

Tet

--
``Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. He is at
  best a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and