Re: Mouse problems in [2.1.35]

James Mastros (root@epix.net)
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 21:25:41 -0500 (EST)

zOn Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Evan Jeffrey wrote:

> Has anyone else noted problems with mice in 2.1.35? I have two problems. I
> don't know if these are really kernel problems, but I think so because at
> least one of them happens both under gpm and X.

[...]
> The second problem is spurious mouse release events, both with X and GPM.
> This gets annoying when trying to make menu selections and I end up clicking
> the button underneath. I am fairly certain that this isn't just a lack of
> motor control on my part.
>
> I don't know how to go about determining if these are kernel or userland
> problems, especially since I can't reliably generate them, though they
> happen with relative frequency.

[...]

If your gpm start line looks like "gpm -t ms" (likely in
/etc/rc.d/rc.local), try doing a "gpm -k; gpm -t bare". I also have a
three button mouse (on /dev/ttyS0, standard params.), but the middle
button dosn't work; gpm gets middle button events randomly. I don't
know, however, what the option for X would be, I use a bash shell, like a
*real*man*. <G>

-=- James Mastros