ldlinux.so.? in the kernel?

Christoph Lameter (clameter@waterf.org)
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 18:50:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> Some ideas...
>
> 1. How about compiling modules as ELF shared objects, instead of
> relocatable files? This has a few advantages:

At that point we could also put the elf loader (/lib/ldlinux.so.xx) into
the kernel. It is needed by all ELF programs anyways. Would speed up
things we are having in the kernel for those and possibly allow us to use
more standard tools for kernel debugging.

Please always CC me when replying to posts on mailing lists.