Re: 2.0.x Cyrix patch on 2.0.30

Fire Dragon (fdragon@world-net.net)
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 17:16:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Dan Stefura wrote:

> Whenever I compile 2.0.30 with the Cyrix 6x86 patches enabled, it compiles
> fine, but the second it starts to load the image from LILO it reboots.

I haven't seen this problem. Do you know which Cyrix 6x86 patches you have
applied? (cyrlx.pl2.patch is what I use) and if the VSPM was enabled for
this kernel? Some Cyrix CPU's cannot handle the VSPM modes (mine I never
tried on yet but reports say it shouldn't since it is rev 1 stepping 5)

> Do the 2.0.x Cyrix patches need to be updated or is there a quick fix?

I don't know if the Cyrix patches need updates or not, but I can help you
with your cyrix problems here and there...

--
Fire Dragon
fdragon@world-net.net

Rome was not built in one day. -- John Heywood