Re: Question on BogoMIPS

Eric.Schenk@dna.lth.se
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 20:10:40 +0200

Mike Jagdis <mike@roan.co.uk> writes:
> More realistically, this implies either that a gettimeofday()
>performed on reciept of the packet gives a time *before* that
>given by the gettimeofday() that was performed when the packet
>was generated (unlikely?) or that the first few bytes of the
>packet got corrupted somewhere. Can anyone reproduce this?

I've been seeing reverse time jumps on a non-SMP sparc today
on the order of 1/100 of a second. This is running 2.1.34.
I thought it was a sparc problem, since we were previously getting
reverse time jumps of up to 1 second on the sparc, but it may
be some other problem revealing itself. Just a data point.

--
Eric Schenk                               www: http://www.dna.lth.se/~erics
Dept. of Comp. Sci., Lund University          email: Eric.Schenk@dna.lth.se