Re: Network (Notwork?) block device

Mark Hemment (markhe@nextd.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 13:52:30 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Pavel Machek wrote:
> if (swap_inode->i_count != 1)
> goto bad_swap_2;
>
> (I'm writing network block device. It works over TCP and makes
> it posible for one computer to mount disks of other one etc. However,
> primary target wa to swap over this. And it... say deadlocks.)

I'm not 100% clear on what you are trying to do, but I guess you are
trying to open a swap-device/swap-file more than once?
If you have removed the above code to allow this to happen, then I'm not
surprised you are getting deadlocks. You will be using two different
"swap_map"s on the same swap-area!!!

Apologies if I have mis-understood you.

Regards,

markhe

Mark Hemment, Unix/C Software Engineer (Contractor)
markhe@nextd.demon.co.uk http://www.nextd.demon.co.uk/
"Success has many fathers, failure is a B**TARD!" - anon