Re: [Fwd: Seagate SCSI drive]

Mason Pokladnik (mason@dunn-463.dorms.tamu.edu)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 16:31:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Tom Allen wrote:

> end_request: I/O error, dev 01:00, sector nnnnnnn
>
> where nnnnnnn is a number between 0 and 4194300. If I try to boot with
> a boot diskette, it comes to the boot: prompt, but no matter what I
> enter, I get:
>
> Error 0x10
this sounds similar to a problem a friend I had trying to install
slackware on his machine. we eventually isolated the problem to our cdrom
drive a sony CDU-31A I don't know if the driver was broken or not.
however if you can't isolate anything else try and put a different cdrom
drive in there I know the SCSI and aztech drivers work.

-Mason Pokladnik mason@schwanda.dorms.tamu.edu-
-eia@tamu.edu http://schwanda.dorms.tamu.edu/~mason-
- the cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity -