HOW TO RESPOND -> UNIX: The Experiment That Failed

B. James Phillippe (bryan@Terran.ORG)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 10:33:29 -0700

On Apr 04, 1997 at 11:42:25PM, Vladimir Mott wrote:
> You people are still trying to promote some UNIX OS?
>
> Get real, this is the '90s.
>
> http://www.danger.net/ - reasons why NT will crush UNIX.

How to respond to this rubbish:

1.) The mature way

Ignore it. I know it's wrong, you know it's wrong everyone here
knows it's wrong. Let the ignorant person remain ignorant, and
our mailing list uncluttered.

2.) The immature way

Telnet to the poor saps' Windows NT box on port 135 (or 53, if
they are using DNS), type some garbage, hit enter a couple of times
and disconnect. While they try to figure out why the CPU load
on their system is holding at 100%, refer them to the following
mailing lists:

ntsecurity@iss.net - Security problem with NT (tons of email)
ntbugtraq@rc.on.ca - Bugs with NT

Note that the former of these lists is the best argument I could
give for why NT should not be allowed on the Net.

thanks, and enjoy.

--
# B. James Phillippe # Network/Sys Admin Terran.ORG #
# <bryan@terran.org> # http://w3.terran.org/~bryan  #