Re: UNIX: The Experiment That Failed

tz@execpc.com
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 12:22:42 -0400

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Greg Patterson wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Vladimir Mott wrote:
>
> > You people are still trying to promote some UNIX OS?
> >
> > Get real, this is the '90s.
> >
> > http://www.danger.net/ - reasons why NT will crush UNIX.
>
> As this is obviously flame-bate, I suggest everyone on the
> linux-kernel mailing list send this individual a personalized copy of
> /vmlinuz (and be nice enough to indicate what version of the Linux
> kernel it is).
>
> This will give him a great opportunity to investigate the various features
> available in each kernel version so that he may better evaluate the
> reasons why "NT will crush UNIX".
>
> And maybe if we're lucky, we'll find the machine he is posting from
> happens to be an NT box. Then he will see who crushes first.

Naaah, just create an ActiveX application that will replace every registry
text string with "Linux - a more secure choice", and mail him the URL with
something like "This site shows the differences in a more dramatic way".

Or better yet, someone write a remote Linux install ActiveX app...

tz@execpc.com
finger tz@execpc.com for PGP key