Re: Kernel testing

Seth M. Landsman (seth@job.cs.brandeis.edu)
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 14:08:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Oliver Xymoron wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Seth M. Landsman wrote:
>
> > A sick thought crossed my mind ... What if we doing something
> > similar to what the cryptography folks are doing. Have people run the
> > stress test when they want, how ever long they want, and have it
> > communicate with a main server someplace which will keep track of these
> > things ...
>
> I think I mentioned something like this in my initial message. The
> simplest way to do this would be with (possibly PGPed) automated email
> reports to a database building engine.

Probably should have read the first message more carefully ... :)

Anyways, I don't know if PGP would be necessary, we wouldn't be
sending anything critical, I'd hope. The implementation method is a
different matter entirely, something to be discussed sometime in the
future ...

What is the general consensus? Do we have the blessing of the
Powers-That-Be to go ahead and try to break this kernel and all kernels
the days to come? :)

-Seth