Re: Kernel testing

Eric.Schenk@dna.lth.se
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 16:45:47 +0200

Oliver Xymoron <oxymoron@waste.org> writes:
>I think the time is very flexible - I was thinking the bulk of the time
>would be spent on stress testing like crashme rather than functionality
>testing. Even a very complete set of functionality tests would be well
>less than 6 hours, I'd think, because any single "does this syscall
>return the right value?" test is going to be nearly instantaneous.

Well, real stress testing involves twisted minds running things that
deliberately try to break the code, preferably under heavy load.

But, let me suggest the Posix conformance suites as a good first past
test for stupid brokeness.

--
Eric Schenk                               www: http://www.dna.lth.se/~erics
Dept. of Comp. Sci., Lund University          email: Eric.Schenk@dna.lth.se