Re: ext2 filesystem corruption?!?!??

Dan Hollis (goemon@sasami.anime.net)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 00:19:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> Quite frankly, at this point, the only driver which I really trust to be
> well implemented and whose hardware is stable is the BusLogic series of
> drivers....

I am working hard with Gerard to make the NCR driver robust. Part of the
problem seems to be that Linux does not have a good mid-level SCSI
error handling mechanism - all the error handling seems to have to be done
at a low level directly in the scsi driver.

Anyway, the NCR driver seems to be quite good running a striped md0 array
of drives on our news server. And it will just get better :-)

BTW we have a Buslogic PCI, and it's nice too, but it's not seeing
anywhere the heavy load that our news server is.

-Dan