Re: TCP/IP over SCSI

Wed, 9 Apr 1997 00:20:51 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, yuri mironoff wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've heard of projects to do IP over SCSI. (Utilizing target mode -
> I believe) Does anyone know if any of these have come to completion? I
> need a FAST connection between two servers and thought this would do
> nicely.
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> Y.

Here is a message about it ...
Bryn

----->>>>>----<<<<<-----
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:51:07 -0600
From: Randy Scott <scottr@belle.bork.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: sharing SCSI disks
Newsgroups: bork.lists.linux-kernel

In article <5gpr75$5dn@belle.bork.com> you wrote:
: This reminds me, there were hints of an IP over SCSI project some time
: ago, did it ever get anywhere ?

Funny you should ask. I just finished my implementation a couple weeks
ago. You can check out my final documentation (plus a kernel patch
and a configuration utility) at http://www.bork.com/~scottr/sd/

--
Randy Scott <scottr@belle.bork.com>