Re: autofs: kernel-assisted automounter

Illuminati Primus (vermont@gate.net)
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 07:30:54 -0400 (EDT)

On top of that, someone just mentioned in linux-security that the amd
distributed with slackware 4.1 has a typo that prevents it from honoring
the nodev mount option (its spelled NONDEV in the source instead of
NODEV).. So this means any local user can write/read from any device they
can manage to create on their home computers (ie. /dev/mem , /dev/audio ,
etc)