Re: output of `free`

David S. Miller (davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu)
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 00:52:05 -0500

From: bofh@snoopy.virtual.net.au
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 97 15:41:11 +1000

Now does anyone know where I can find documentation on what all
the files in /proc do? If there is none then I'm prepared to
start writing it...

For the hacker it is documented in all the sources, problem is that
the code which implements all of the node is scattered all over the
code, in the subsystems which they present data for. For example the
ipv4 FIB routing cache proc nodes are implemented in net/ipv4/fib.c,
ipv6 neighbour discovery node is implemented in net/ipv6/ndisc.c etc.

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s ////
ethernet. Beat that! ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><