Re: Nice Text (No Icky Text)

Lauri Tischler (ltischler@efore.fi)
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:21:49 GMT+0200

Anno Domini 25 Mar 97 at 8:58, atporter wrote:
> You also need to realize that not all linux boxes are graphics
> capable. I have a number of boxes that are running with the termial boot
> patch, Linux runs on Sparc's, Alpha's, PPC's, and god knows what all else
> in the near future. The graphics capabilites of these systems vary
> greatly. If someone wants that patch (ie, RedHat puts something like it
> on their disks), great. But putting something like that into the kernel
> tree is absurd.

Yep..
The day Linux Kernel forces me to use GUI I start looking for
something else.
It's bad enough that some distributions almost force one to use
jacky GUI tools while installing stuff.
--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin          Tel: +358-9-47846331
EFORE Oy                               Fax: +358-9-47846500